The German Embassy Port-of-Spain, the German embassy in Cuba and LIA-Leipzig International Art Programme would like to invite artists from the above countries to apply for a three-month residency exchange in Leipzig, Germany from August to October 2024.
The Leipzig International Art Programme (LIA) is an international artist-in-residence programme located at the Spinnerei Leipzig (www.spinnerei.de), a former cotton mill and now cultural hub. LIA focuses on being a place for experiment and learning within a strong local artist community and a city rich in traditions. Local and international artists impact on each other while exchanging cultural experiences and expanding their artistic perspective.
The founder of LIA, Anna-Louise Rolland, states: “At LIA, we believe that moving outside of our comfort zone leads to new perspectives opening up. International visual artists working together with professional musicians, public space and institutions like museums fit perfectly into this philosophy and this type of collaboration leads to new approaches being developed and new kinds of artistic exchanges taking place”.
- Free accommodation in a furnished 83 m2 studio incl. curated group show in the residency
- Coverage of travel, visa and health insurance costs
- Fellowship 760.00 € per month
- Curatorial advice by LIA director Anna-Louise Rolland
- Group show mid-September 2024 during the Spinnerei Gallery Tour
- Residency dates: August 1st – October 31st 2024
Please note the artist must live and work in one of the states listed above.
The residency does not include any further fees or stipends. For more detailed information about the services provided by LIA please visit https://liap.eu/index.php/en/application/. Additional information about the artist studios at the Spinnerei Leipzig is given in this short video: www.monocle.com/film/culture/leipzig-s-artist-studios/
Applications must contain the following information:
- An expression of interest (500 words max.) explaining the project or research you wish to develop during the residency as well as why you are interested in working at the Spinnerei Leipzig;
- CV or biography stating the number of years of professional art practice, your exhibitions and educational background;
- Up to 6 images of your work or video/audio links;
- Please label the subject line of your email for Antigua and Barbuda; Barbados; Dominica; Grenada; St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and the Grenadines; Trinidad and Tobago as “Open Call Port of Spain”, so your application can be filed correctly. For Cuba, your email subject: “Open call Havanna”.
Please forward your application in one single PDF file to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is January 8th, 2024, 12 pm European Central Time. Successful applicants will be notified by January 22nd, 2024 at the latest.
More information for Antigua and Barbuda; Barbados; Dominica; Grenada; St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and the Grenadines; Trinidad and Tobago here.
More information for Cuba is here.