IRFAN HENDRIAN (b.Ohio, 1987) is an artist, industrial printmaker and graphic designer known for his formal explorations in abstraction. Working mainly with paper, his interest is in the Bauhaus approach and method: to reduce, subtract and simplify everything to its most sublime, essential and substantial state.
Hendrian values efficient, logical and utilitarian modes of thinking and acting which are reflected directly in his work. Collage provides methodology that maintains Hendrian’s purist approach to materials, utilizing paper as a raw material with sculptural capabilities. Rather than creating images, he believes that through composing visual arrangement of objects, a particular aesthetic value emerges. Currently based in Bandung, Indonesia and represented by Sullivan+Strumpf.
- Institute Technology of Bandung, ITB – Master of Fine Art, 13-16
- Wanganui School of Design, NZ – Bachelor of Graphic Design with Distinction 07-09
- LASALLE College of Arts, Singapore – Visual Communication Design Year 2 06-07
- Constructed _scape, Sullivan+Strumpf, Singapore
- Some Other Matter, Aloft at Hermes, Singapore
- SANS, Sullivan+Strumpf, Singapore
- Terrene, EK Art Gallery, Seoul, South Korea
- Terrene, Jeonbuk Museum of Art Residency Program, Jeonju, South Korea
- Sediments, Wei Ling Gallery, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Sediments, Galeri Hidayat, Bandung, Indonesia
- Logical Aesthetic, ViaVia, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Secular World, Asbestos Artspace, Bandung, Indonesia